Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sentence Construction

A simple sentence
A simple sentence is a sentence that is formed by one clause.

32 SIMPLE SENTENCE PATTERNS

1. S+Vbe+N
She is a doctor.
2. S+Vbe+Adj
She is beautiful.
3. S+Vbe+Adj+Prep+N
She is afraid of dog.
4. S+Vbe+Adj+To-V0
She is afraid to go home.
5. S+Vbe+Adj+V4
She is busy doing homework.
6. S+Vbe+V3
She was killed on January 19, 2000.
7. S+Vbe+V4
She is swimming.
8. S+Vbe+Prep+N
She is from Yangon.
9. S+Vbe+To-V0
Her hobby is to read many books.
10. V1
Come in please. Please do me a favor.
11. S+Vi
She dances on the stage.
12. S+Vt+O
She eats rice.
13. S+Vt+IO+DO
She gives the teacher the flowers.
14. S+Vt+DO+Prep+IO
She gives the flowers to the teacher.
15. S+Vt+O+Adj
She made me happy.
16. S+Vt+O+N
She considered me a baby.
17. S+Vt+O+To-V0
She wants me to become a doctor.
18. S+Vt+O+V1
She made me cry.
19. S+Vt+O+V3
She had her hair cut.
20. S+Vt+O+V4
She saw the children playing football.
21. S+Vt+To-V0
She hoped to get a good job.
22. S+Vt+V4
She likes reading a novel.
23. S+Vt+Prep+N
She always looks after me.
24. S+LV+N
She will make a good wife.
25. S+LV+Adj
She looks very young.
26. It+Vbe+N
It is a hot day.
27. It+Vbe+Adj+(for N)+To-V0
It is difficult (for everyone) to master English.
28. It+Vbe+Adj+of+N+To-V0 It is kind of you to help us.
29.It+Vbe+N/Adj+V4
It is worth reading this book.
30. It+takes+N+time phrase+To-V0
It takes me five minutes to go to school.
31. There+Vbe+N+Prep+N
There are three persons in my family.
32. There+Vi+N+Prep+N
There developed goodwill between the two countries.

No comments: